Never Again!

Please remind me to never again show my first sampler to anyone!

I showed it to David, and he thought I was offering him a scarf - next thing you know, I felt obligated to make one for him.

Then, showed it to my Grandmother. You can guess what happened... She hinted and hinted and hinted about how much she would like to have it for a scarf. Next thing you know, I was promising to make her a scarf! Yikes! ;)

I ordered some nicer yarn for her - part wool and part silk - I hope it feels softer than the pure wool I've used so far. It sure was more expensive!

While I'm waiting for it to arrive, I warped my loom to do the next exercise in the Chandler book - one practicing plain, rib and basket weave, and experimenting with changing the sett.

I used the yarn I got from Halcyon. It seemed more tangly than the stuff I have been using so far:


But I finally got it sorted / combed out and the loom is now warped. :)



I made it wider than my first two efforts. I considered that it might be a waste of yarn, but I wanted to see what it was like to work with something wider...



Having a loom warped and ready to go feels so good! :)

Post a comment 3 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

Wow - your first sampler must be amazing in person....all these people who want their own version. In no time, you'll be in the weaving business!

Good for you, getting your next warp on the loom! Have fun with it!!

Sue

Geodyne said...

There's nothing so full of promise as an empty warp.

I'd say you need to be less proud of your work and stop showing it to people, but that would be self-defeating!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to see your grandmother... but I can't help but laugh at the somewhat expected result of showing your beautiful work to her. Next thing you know, you'll be making one for everyone at work. I hope to see the scarf in person, and I PROMISE not to ask for one!
Your friend, Devious Kathy